Bob's Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

National Insurance card

Well finally got my National Insurance number! It's like your Medicare number. It only took 7 weeks (and more getting together the info they needed). Have to wait another 12 weeks before I get the card though. English efficiency... ;) For those who've been to the UK and gone through this trying process, they have actually made it easier. I heard some humourous horror stories but there is now an email address that you post to and they send back your application form which you fill in and return. After that they call you and send you a letter for when you need to show up to the JobCentrePlus interview. No more setting aside half a day trying to get through on the phone!

If I ever get sick it (the NI number) is a good thing to have but they also require you to give it to your employer, bank, etc... almost like a TFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home