Flying visit
Well I managed to get some face time with Clarisse on her whirlwind tour of Europe and the US. I was going to see her on Friday night and Saturday but our original dinner plans fell through so I ended up having dinner with Andrew and Hannah in Angel. Pretty trendy and expensive nowadays since it was first put onto the Monopoly board!
Finally managed to get through to Clarisse that night to arrange our meeting for Saturday. As it happened her parents were also in town so I would say hello to them as well on Saturday. I had thought up of some things to see and do around London with Clarisse but not knowing what she had gotten up to the day before, I couldn't be too rigid in my planning. I was thinking the Haunted Jack the Ripper tour would be good but it was at night and she had to fly out for New York early Sunday morning. Therefore, first thing I did was take the Tube down to Leicester Square's half price ticket box to check out what Matinee theatre shows were on. You can get half-price tickets here for just that day's show.
Unfortunately nothing good was on at all and the line was already long. I stopped by a couple of the other outlets but wasn't confident on how legit they were as the Leicester Square ticket box is meant to be the official one. Also they just have shows and prices postered up and I didn't want to wait all that time in line to find out when I got to the front that they didn't have certain shows available or were too expensive. So I decided to head down to the hotel where Clarisse was staying and catch up with her and her parents. It was good to see them again and they hadn't really changed at all! Clarisse, I think you've even lost some weight! hehehe Not that you were fat... err... anyway, it was a good couple of hours chatting and catching up in the hotel room.
We then headed out to lunch at China Town via Kings Cross Station (Harry Potter significance) and Covent Garden (used to be Convent Garden until King Henry VIII took the monk's land). Decided to go past Leicester Square as well and noticed that Phantom Of the Opera tickets were available now! They weren't listed when I went past in the morning! I was really keen to see Phantom but the line by this stage had stretched twice as long and you know how impatient I am! Anyway, Clarisse convinced me to queue up and in the end it was only half an hour's wait and we even had time for lunch in China Town before the show! The tickets were only 25% off but even that is good because they're rarely discounted.
We got such great seats too!!! They were fabulous, 5 rows from the front on ground level!! It really felt like we were a part of the action, probably the closest thing to being "in" the movies or living out a fantasy! I was extremely impressed by Phantom and it would be my second favourite musical after Les Mis, but only just! The music, the singing, the effects, the props and acting were awesome! I won't mention too much for fear of spoiling it but some of the effects were really cool and clever and the ending was unexpected (I refrained from reading the plot from the programme Clarisse bought). It was certainly something that grabs you for every minute!
I can't remember too much of the rest of the day after the highlight of Phantom! We had a good time I recall and it made me miss home the more and I am very glad that I will be back for 3 weeks in July!
Bon Voyage Clarisse!
Finally managed to get through to Clarisse that night to arrange our meeting for Saturday. As it happened her parents were also in town so I would say hello to them as well on Saturday. I had thought up of some things to see and do around London with Clarisse but not knowing what she had gotten up to the day before, I couldn't be too rigid in my planning. I was thinking the Haunted Jack the Ripper tour would be good but it was at night and she had to fly out for New York early Sunday morning. Therefore, first thing I did was take the Tube down to Leicester Square's half price ticket box to check out what Matinee theatre shows were on. You can get half-price tickets here for just that day's show.
Unfortunately nothing good was on at all and the line was already long. I stopped by a couple of the other outlets but wasn't confident on how legit they were as the Leicester Square ticket box is meant to be the official one. Also they just have shows and prices postered up and I didn't want to wait all that time in line to find out when I got to the front that they didn't have certain shows available or were too expensive. So I decided to head down to the hotel where Clarisse was staying and catch up with her and her parents. It was good to see them again and they hadn't really changed at all! Clarisse, I think you've even lost some weight! hehehe Not that you were fat... err... anyway, it was a good couple of hours chatting and catching up in the hotel room.
We then headed out to lunch at China Town via Kings Cross Station (Harry Potter significance) and Covent Garden (used to be Convent Garden until King Henry VIII took the monk's land). Decided to go past Leicester Square as well and noticed that Phantom Of the Opera tickets were available now! They weren't listed when I went past in the morning! I was really keen to see Phantom but the line by this stage had stretched twice as long and you know how impatient I am! Anyway, Clarisse convinced me to queue up and in the end it was only half an hour's wait and we even had time for lunch in China Town before the show! The tickets were only 25% off but even that is good because they're rarely discounted.
We got such great seats too!!! They were fabulous, 5 rows from the front on ground level!! It really felt like we were a part of the action, probably the closest thing to being "in" the movies or living out a fantasy! I was extremely impressed by Phantom and it would be my second favourite musical after Les Mis, but only just! The music, the singing, the effects, the props and acting were awesome! I won't mention too much for fear of spoiling it but some of the effects were really cool and clever and the ending was unexpected (I refrained from reading the plot from the programme Clarisse bought). It was certainly something that grabs you for every minute!
I can't remember too much of the rest of the day after the highlight of Phantom! We had a good time I recall and it made me miss home the more and I am very glad that I will be back for 3 weeks in July!
Bon Voyage Clarisse!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home