London, Take 2
It's been a while since I updated this blog!!!
I had a fantastic time back in Australia catching up with family, friends and old work colleagues! I really was torn at the airport between coming to the UK again to do more travelling, and just staying in Melbourne because it was so good to be home!!
But I had already paid a lot of money on airfares so on the plane I got to do 23 hours of flying to London.
I haven't been very motivated to write in this blog because I have been anxious about getting a job, and whilst during this time one has a lot of time up ones sleeve to write blogs, I haven't had the motivation 'cause I've been worried about getting work. Nevertheless, "Thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul."
The job market is very slow at the moment because it is summer and school holidays so a lot of managers and decision makers are away.
Well I still have money to live on so don't worry, and I've been staying at friends' houses which has saved me some rent money!! :) Thanks guys!
One piece of good news is that I got my HSMP (Highly Skilled Migrant Program) visa application approved today!! Yay!! This was a bit of a stress as only 50% of all applications are successful so I was quite pedantic and thorough in putting together the application and supporting documentation. I did it myself too and didn't use an immigration agent. What this means now is I can live and work in the UK for a further 2 years if I want. I had to apply for the HSMP visa because my permission to work under the Working Holidaymaker visa was coming to an end.
I went to get a new Australian passport at the Australian Embassy today. Had to wait for ages (1.5 hrs) but I didn't have anything else to do anyway. Once my number was called it was very quick for a passport renewal and I paid £30 extra to get it processed within two days. My old passport is cancelled now and I feel kinda naked not having one!! :)
Anyway, hope to put some good news about a job here soon...
God bless.
I had a fantastic time back in Australia catching up with family, friends and old work colleagues! I really was torn at the airport between coming to the UK again to do more travelling, and just staying in Melbourne because it was so good to be home!!
But I had already paid a lot of money on airfares so on the plane I got to do 23 hours of flying to London.
I haven't been very motivated to write in this blog because I have been anxious about getting a job, and whilst during this time one has a lot of time up ones sleeve to write blogs, I haven't had the motivation 'cause I've been worried about getting work. Nevertheless, "Thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul."
The job market is very slow at the moment because it is summer and school holidays so a lot of managers and decision makers are away.
Well I still have money to live on so don't worry, and I've been staying at friends' houses which has saved me some rent money!! :) Thanks guys!
One piece of good news is that I got my HSMP (Highly Skilled Migrant Program) visa application approved today!! Yay!! This was a bit of a stress as only 50% of all applications are successful so I was quite pedantic and thorough in putting together the application and supporting documentation. I did it myself too and didn't use an immigration agent. What this means now is I can live and work in the UK for a further 2 years if I want. I had to apply for the HSMP visa because my permission to work under the Working Holidaymaker visa was coming to an end.
I went to get a new Australian passport at the Australian Embassy today. Had to wait for ages (1.5 hrs) but I didn't have anything else to do anyway. Once my number was called it was very quick for a passport renewal and I paid £30 extra to get it processed within two days. My old passport is cancelled now and I feel kinda naked not having one!! :)
Anyway, hope to put some good news about a job here soon...
God bless.

1 Comments:
I hope we hear some good job news from you soon too!
By
Nic, at 29/8/06 11:10 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home